Monday, November 16, 2009

nothing quite like a giggle


---LG1 = Rachael LG2=Sammy


Waking up in a "chilly" florida house is refreshing. It makes you just want to stay under the covers for a long time but at the same time revives you enough to muster up the energy you need for the day. Well on this particular morning my girls woke up about 7 am and both came into our room crawled in bed with us saying... "my feet are cold"...."i just want to cuddle-bug".... (SO CUTE!)
So we're lying there and Matt gets a phone call from work and he has to go in about an hour earlier than normal to help troubleshoot a tech problem. So he gathers enough warmth and hops out of bed and starts to get ready. The girls and I listen to all the sounds - "oh, that's the water"
"i think i hear his toothbrush" "did he flush the toilet? ... shhh, yeah, i hear it!"
LG1 asks me where Daddy's going. I say he's going to be a superhero today- saving the day for his friends at work! then i say "daddy's my favorite" :) LG1 is getting to the age and stage where competition is fun and she's loving the "play" that comes from teasing. So she says "he's MY favorite" :) So the two of us go back and forth for a few minutes like that as Matt scampers around the room finding clothes and getting dressed and putting shoes and socks on. LG2 finally pipes in - in classic LG2 style...LOUD- "HE'S MY FABRITE!!"
This evokes a brief run from the closet, a jump in the air onto the bed from Matt and a screech from all his girls - when we giggle and laugh and let our surprise be known he looks at the girls and says.... "are you talking about me?? I'm YOUR favorite??" They giggle and say "yes!"
and we tickle and laugh and play for a few more minutes before we wished our SuperHero a good day and we were up and getting our day started.

oh this life!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kate, I miss having little girls to snuggle with. I envy you. However, I also have a superhero and he's MY favorite! Have a great day! xo

    ReplyDelete